onthehooks

crochet adventures with hooks, thread and yarn

Monday, August 28, 2006

My crochet



I have been crocheting a lot these days, but as usual I am too lazy to take pics and even lazier when it comes to uploading them. This is the first of the many that I have completed in July and August. I hope I can be more regular in sharing my crochet..isn't that why I started this?!..I know the "Brag" factor plays a very big role in this! These are the doilies I have made as DAL's (doily-alongs) with the ladies on Gathering Threads

This was the first DAL, mine is pretty unimaginative, I loved the way Brenda used colour, to make this a stunning doily.
I gave mine away to one of my colleagues as a gift.Brenda has inspired me to make this one again, I just might get bold enough to experiment with colour changes.



I made DAL II in a slightly thicker thread, I have a few balls in this thread in different colours. The thread is slightly thicker than #10 and I have always put off using this thinking that the doilies will not pretty.


I quite like the look of this one despite the thicker thread. I am now planning on using this as an appliqué on cushion covers. I hope to eventually make a set of 5 cushion covers using similar sized doilies for appliqués.




2 Comments:

At 28 August, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very pretty,especially the second doily!!!!

 
At 28 August, 2006, Blogger MrsFife said...

I like the second doily, too. One day I shall also have cushion covers made with crochet appliques...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home