onthehooks

crochet adventures with hooks, thread and yarn

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

It's been raining crochet gifts


July was a wonderful month...it rained crochet gifts.
Yasmin just took my breath away, she sent me such a wonderful puffy with the Nylon thread I was dying to try out. I have been dreaming purses ever since this came in the mail. Thank you Yasmin ...what a wonderful friend you are.

Puffy number two came from Swapna, she very generously shopped for me on her visit to Guwahati, and I finally got to see what Chennile was all about. Discovered it feels like velvet that has been cut up..nice smooth yarn. The label says Vardhaman..so I went trawling the yarn shops here...and got the deadly blank look which I have come to hate. Finally met a sales girl in Groverson's in Pratap Market who asked me check back in October to see if they get it in this season's stock.

She has also very generously sent me a ball of Bernat chenille, sending me a ball of 'furrin' yarn which most of us are ready to kill for! and Boucle...

Now time for me to play with all the lovely threads and yarn